Monday, September 24, 2007

I'm going to Hong Kong!



It's official, I bought my plane ticket last Friday. I will be traveling to Hong Kong December 19-28th to visit my friend Katie. She moved there in August and will live there for two years teaching english as a second language. I am off work for two weeks over Christmas, so I planned the trip for then. I leave from Louisville and fly to Chicago, then Los Angeles, then to Hong Kong. The trip will take a total of 24 hours. The flight from L.A. to Hong Kong is 15 hours. They are 12 hours ahead of us so I will lose a day on the way there and gain a day on the way back.

I'm pretty excited and a little nervous too. I don't like to fly more than I have to, but I took a 12 hour plane ride to London in 1994 so I know what to expect.

If .you want to read more about my friend Katie in Hong Kong, she has a blog at http://katielivinginhongkong.blogspot.com/. She has a video of her new apartment on there. It looks really cool!

1 comment:

katie said...

Shelley, I am so excited that you are coming. I can't wait. Don't worry the flight really isn't as bad as it sounds. Try to sleep on the first half of the long flight and then be awake for the second half so then when you arrive you will be able to stay up for a few more hours and will get a good night sleep your first night. Also, my mom might have some things to send over with you.