Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Busy

This is the busiest time I have ever had in my life! I have something every night. Tonight it's working out and class. Fun fun.

This is my name in Mandarin Chinese. I think I am going to try and learn some Cantonese before my trip this winter. I ordered some CD's so we'll see how that goes. I expect it to be really difficult. (Katie, you'll have to keep me some pointers.) For instance....is it Cantonese that I want to learn?? lol. I read on the Hong Kong tourism site that Cantonese is the primary language spoken in Hong Kong as opposed to Mandarin.


I have a busy weekend coming up again, but it's fun stuff. Friday night the girls from my small group are going to the drive-in and Saturday night the Young Singles are going to the Demolition Derby.....cause nothing says fellowship like a good ol' Demolition Derby. =) I just think that is so funny..

Our Monday night small group is all about service work so I have been trying to find something to do for other people or the community. I found the perfect opportunity. There is a local horseback riding barn that has a program for special needs children. They have it every Monday night. Since I used to ride this is the perfect service work for me. I am really excited to help out and to just spend time at a barn again. I really really miss it...even the dirty work like cleaning stalls. I just love being around horses!

1 comment:

katie said...

Yes Cantonese is what is spoken in Hong Kong. Written Mandarin and Cantonese are the same language. If you learn some of the language you will be steps ahead of me. I basically know how to say thank you, straight ahead and turn left or right. (directions for the taxi driver) As you are checking out the tourism site, make a list of things you want to see and let me know. I'll plan the itinerary based on what you want to see.